THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN GOOD SHEPHERD SCHOOL.
Kindergarten Enrollment Openings
Due to the large interest in our Kindergarten program we will be offering two smaller full day kindergarten classes (up to 18 kids per class). What this will do is make it possible for us to offer a larger number of children our excellence in education for their critical, foundational kindergarten year.
The negative aspect of this approach would be that we could not guarantee placement into 1st grade the following year. Our existing policy states that school children enrolled in GSS have priority over new families. Right now our kindergarten class is already full with children who were in our Pre-K program, therefore they would have priority for first grade. We are confident that the Lord wants us to make this step in order to serve more children in our community in the fall for kindergarten. We are prayerfully seeking and trusting Him for guidance as to what the next year would look like, in hopes that we can continue to serve/educate these children in their first grade year, too. However, that will not be known for a while.
If you are still interested and would like to be considered for enrollment into kindergarten for the 2021.22 school year please apply below.
We also have openings in 4th & 7th grades only.
All others will be placed on our wait list.
If you have siblings in other grades, those are all full with existing wait lists.
If you apply for Kindergarten, 4th or 7th grade you will be contacted to schedule an assessment, all other applications will be placed on a waiting list.
We are a private, evangelical school providing excellence in Christian education. The teaching and learning focuses on a quality, academic environment that highly values godly character.
- Provide every student opportunities to gain the attributes of godly character and master relevant content in basic education, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Foster a spirit of excellence in teaching and learning, deportment, relationships, communications and spiritual growth.
- Involve Christian parents in the process of educating their children in a Christ-centered environment of excellence.
- Manage available resources effectively and efficiently to fulfill the mission.
If you believe your family would thrive in this environment and would like to be considered for enrollment, please submit an online application here.
- Submit an online application.
- Once we received your online application we will contact you to setup and interview and/or assessment for proper grade placement.
- Students meeting admission requirements are considered for enrollment on the following priority structure (Principal/Elders retain the right to make final admission decisions).
- returning students
- siblings of currently-enrolled students
- Good Shepherd Church members (length of attendance, tithing and service at Good Shepherd Church will be given priority)
- Christian families attending other churches
- All things being equal, applicants will be selected by lottery
- An interview is part of the application process. Although we generally use the above-mentioned criteria, families may not be admitted due to several factors. The existing classroom composition and limited resources influence admittance decisions. All junior high students must sign an admission agreement to receive admittance into Good Shepherd School. New applicants at the junior high level will be accepted on a probationary status only. Other grade-level students may be accepted on a probationary status as well. The school strives to maintain a balanced class population.
- When a class becomes full, a waiting list is established (up to five per grade)
Tuition payments and penalties
- All Tuition is paid through automatic monthly withdrawals (ACH) on the 2nd of each month unless paid in full before the school year begins.
- Tuition payments may be made on a monthly payment plan up to twelve-months beginning July 2nd as long as the final payment is made by June 2nd.
- There will be a $5 service fee for any returned payment.
- Students will not be admitted for a new school year until all past school tuition and fees have been paid.
Good Shepherd School admits students of any race to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students and does not discriminate on the basis of race in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies and other school-administered programs.
- If a student is withdrawn before the school year begins, the July payment will be forfeited. The August tuition will also be forfeited if the spot is not filled within 30 days.
- If a student is withdrawn before the end of any given month, tuition for the entire month will be forfeited. If tuition has been paid ahead, there may be a refund minus the tuition for the current month.
- No books/fees will be refunded unless the spot is filled within 30 days.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
Good Shepherd School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.