Thank you for your interest in Good Shepherd School.
We are a private, evangelical school providing excellence in Christian education. The teaching and learning focuses on a quality, academic environment that highly values godly character
Thank you for your interest in Good Shepherd School!
We are not accepting applications for the current school year but we will begin accepting applications for enrollment for the 23.24 school year on February 6th.
Be sure to check back the first week of February for an update on class openings.
- Provide every student opportunities to gain the attributes of godly character and master relevant content in basic education, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Foster a spirit of excellence in teaching and learning, deportment, relationships, communications and spiritual growth.
- Involve Christian parents in the process of educating their children in a Christ-centered environment of excellence.
- Manage available resources effectively and efficiently to fulfill the mission.
Looking ahead to the 2021-2022 school year, we currently have openings in the following grades: 4th, 5th and 7th. There is a high demand for kindergarten next year so we plan to open up a second, full-day kindergarten class to accommodate more students. Any kindergartener hoping to register now, may get a spot in the class for kindergarten, but will not be guaranteed a spot at GSS for 1st grade.
All other applicants for full classes will be placed on a waiting list and will be contacted if/when an opening occurs.
If you believe your family would thrive in this environment and would like to be considered for enrollment, please submit an application.
- Submit an application.
- Complete the online application then you will be contacted by the school to setup an assessment.
- Students meeting admission requirements are considered for enrollment on the following priority structure (Principal/Elders retain the right to make final admission decisions).
- Returning students
- Siblings of currently-enrolled students
- Good Shepherd Church members (length of attendance, tithing and service at Good Shepherd Church will be given priority)
- Christian families attending other churches
- All things being equal, applicants will be selected by lottery
- An interview is part of the application process. Although we generally use the above-mentioned criteria, families may not be admitted due to several factors. The existing classroom composition and limited resources influence admittance decisions. All junior high students must sign an admission agreement to receive admittance into Good Shepherd School. New applicants at the junior high level will be accepted on a probationary status only. Other grade-level students may be accepted on a probationary status as well. The school strives to maintain a balanced class population.
- When a class becomes full, a waiting list is established.
- Tuition – See schedule
- Application fee (non-refundable) – $25 per student
- Registration fee (non-refundable – $50 per child/$75 for 7th & 8th
- Books & classroom fees (non-refundable) – approximately $200 per student
Tuition payments & penalties
- Tuition is due the first of the each month.
- Tuition payments may be made on a monthly basis, beginning July 1st or a lump sum payment on July 1st.
- Tuition payments are made through electronic payments.
- Students will not be admitted for a new school year until all past school tuition and fees have been paid.
Good Shepherd School admits students of any race to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students and does not discriminate on the basis of race in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies and other school-administered programs.
- If a student is withdrawn before the school year begins, the July payment will be forfeited. The August tuition will also be forfeited if the spot is not filled within 30 days.
- If a student is withdrawn before the end of any given month, tuition for the entire month will be forfeited. If tuition has been paid ahead, there may be a refund minus the tuition for the current month.
- No books/fees will be refunded unless the spot is filled within 30 days.
At Good Shepherd School, parents and teachers work together as a team to meet the educational needs of each child. Teachers work to develop a scope and sequence of material to be presented within each grade level. They present and reinforce new concepts and monitor progress. Parents reinforce at home what their child learns in the classroom. This requires a definite commitment on the part of the parents to be involved in their child’s education. Parents are uniquely qualified to deal with a student’s attitude toward their schoolwork. A parent need not know all the answers to be meaningfully involved in the child’s education. Because of our concern that parents be part of Good Shepherd School, there will be easy access to classrooms and teachers. With this privilege, we request that families support each teacher and communicate thoroughly with minimum disruption to students. Any differences/concerns families might have with any teacher should be discussed in a private talk with the appropriate teacher sometime other than during the school day, unless arrangements have been made and agreed upon.
*Lack of compliance on the parents’ part may be grounds for the child’s dismissal from the school.